Page Last updated on:4th March 2015
District
History
 
 
Gangtok Manilakhang (1898 A.D)
It is located near Tashiling Secretariat, Gangtok, east Sikkim. It was built in 1950 A.D, during the reign of Chogyal Tashi Namgyal and commonly known as ‘Rani Manilhakhang’. The old structure was dismantled and rebuilt in 1982. There are about 80 Nyamos who come from different locations of Gangtok town, for conducting Mani prayers in this Manilhakhang
The Altar contains statues of Lord Buddha, Guru Padmasambhava, Namgyalma and a huge statue of Chagtong Chentong Chenrezig along with eight Bodhisatvas.
Home Annual Reports Disclaimer RTI Gallery