Page Last updated on:4th March 2015
District
History
 
 
Chagsam Manilakhang (1898 A.D)
This is located at Rangka village, East Sikkim. It was built by one Chasa Lama who came from Tibet  He built a small hut and settled there and spending the rest of his life in meditation. After some years the villagers decided to build a Lhkahang in 1898 A.D in memory of him. This Mani Lhakhang was built with the help of villagers from Lingdum. Barbung, Sangtong and Bhyongyong. 
  However, the old structure was destroyed by a fire and was again reconstructed by the villagers with the help of the financial aid from the Government. The Manilhakhang has 07 monks at present and follows Bhara Kagyupa Sect
Home Annual Reports Disclaimer RTI Gallery